Have you ever wondered how your friend’s hair never looks greasy, but you’re pretty dang sure that she doesn’t shower every day? But you’re just too intimidated to ask because you’re embarrassed by your greasy hair? It’s okay. I’ve been there too, grease and all. That’s why I screamed from the rooftops when I found the best dry shampoo on the market- no harsh chemicals and amazing second, or even third-day old hair. So yeah, that friend that has that perfect hair on day 4 is because of dry shampoo.
What’s the Big Deal about Dry Shampoo?
That’s the secret to having perfect looking hair, more volume, and beautiful locks. It’s the life-saving secret for that second-day hair that is starting to look greasy and lifeless, but you don’t have the time to style it again. Dry ‘poo is a big deal. Here are a few reasons:
It Saves Time
Because we’re crazy busy moms, wives, working women, students, teens… You get the picture. Life gets busy, and who has time to shower every day? But dry shampoo isn’t just a time saver. That’s a big plus, but there’s more.
It Removes Unwanted Grease
Many women (and in some cases men and those tween boys that refuse to shower) say that their hair works better when “dirty” or on the 2nd or 3rd day after washing it. Even though it might work better, the grease that shows up doesn’t make your hair LOOK better. Dry shampoo helps remove that unwanted grease that you and I hate so much.
It Helps Your Hair Stay Healthy
Washing your hair daily isn’t recommended by beauty experts. Healthy hair is washed less often. Also, if you purchase a quality dry shampoo, then it’ll also help with the health of your hair, though I can’t say the same for cheaper versions of dry shampoo. I’ll discuss that later.
Dry shampoo is great because it promotes healthy hair, gets rid of unwanted grease, and gives you a fresh look that makes it look like your 3rd day of a hairstyle is actually your first. Now, let’s talk about how to use it appropriately.
How To Use Dry Shampoo
Dry ‘poo can come in a few forms, such as a liquid, powder, or a spray. The type I’m going over here is an aerosol dry shampoo by Monat. Here are a few easy steps for application, to have the best head of hair ever
- Don’t cry if you style your hair perfectly and then see the noticeable grease.
- Grab your bottle of dry shampoo (which comes in a handy-dandy portable can).
- Give the bottle a good shake before spraying it into your hair.
- Hold the dry shampoo about 12 inches away from your head.
- Spray directly on the roots of your hair which is where that horrid grease begins its ugly spread.
- After focusing on the roots, let it rest for a few minutes while you grab a sip of coffee. Did I mention that coffee and Monat’s dry shampoo go hand and hand? They’re both lifesavers in my opinion.
- Using your fingers or a brush, brush your hair from the roots, distributing the shampoo throughout the length of your hair.
- Voila–the grease is gone. Your hairstyle still looks perfect. You still have time for another cup of coffee.
How To Pick the Best Dry Shampoo
It can be tricky deciding which dry ‘poo is best for you. There are different types, different purposes, and various vendors selling them. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
Powder vs. Spray
You could try out both if you want. Some powder users have said that it’s less wasteful, others have said that it’s messy. Some have said that using spray is wasteful, but if you learn how to spray it directly where it needs to go, that won’t be a problem.
A lot of dry shampoos are created for different hair colors, textures, for more volume, or for a cleaner scent. You’ll need to decide which of these factors is most important to you and your specific hair type.
Shampoo in a can be purchased inexpensively at local drugstores, but the contents can be harmful, and the results might not be impressive. Like the old slogan says, “you get what you pay for.” You can also get it from salons, but those are pretty costly because that’s what salons do–they charge a lot because they can. Dry shampoo can also be purchased online, like Monat’s, which is the best of all worlds.
Why Monat has the Best Dry Shampoo on the Market
Monat’s dry shampoo is truly incredible. It has everything you could ever want and need in a dry shampoo product. Let me list the ways.
- It doesn’t leave white residue in your hair.
- It comes in a portable spray canister that you can take anywhere.
- It can be purchased online from the comfort of your own home.
- It keeps your hair grease-free and healthy.
- It’s all natural! Yep- check out the ingredient list (and what’s NOT in it). Hint: something about pea extract?
Let’s chat about healthy hair. I mentioned that drugstore dry shampoos could be dangerous for your hair. This is because they contain harsh chemicals, including sulfates and GMO’s. Those are things you don’t want in your hair, I promise.
Monat’s dry shampoo doesn’t contain junk like that. They use only 100% natural ingredients–how’s that for fabulous? So, with Monat, you’ll not only be getting great hair and saving time from washing it every day, but you’ll also be giving your hair the health it needs by using natural ingredients. It’s the best.
So now that you know all that you need to know about why Monat’s dry shampoo is AMAZING for you, the health of your hair, and your sanity, why not get some?
I love Monat’s dry shampoo and want everyone, including you, to love it too. It’s seriously a game changer. If you want to know more about this dry shampoo or any of Monat’s products, I’d love to chat.